A Weekend in Amsterdam - Day 1

Hi everyone!

Today I came with my family to Amsterdam for a weekend trip. We arrived at the airport and whilst we were waiting for the train to take us to the centre we went outside and saw a huge 'I amsterdam' sign which was so cool so naturally we had to take a few photos quickly!








When we arrived at the train station in the centre of Amsterdam we walked to the hotel under blue skies with blazing sunshine - it felt so summery and cute!



We stayed in the Renaissance hotel which was in the perfect place as it was near pretty much everything!




After we dropped our bags we realised that we were actually quite hungry and we had seen a bakery down the street so went to grab a quick muffin before starting the sightseeing.








The weird thing I found about the cafe was the clear glass mug for the tea - I don't know why but it didn't seem right but maybe it's just an English thing! But the best thing was that it came with a Stroopwaffel which is quite difficult to explain but they're a bit like a waffle biscuit with caramel in the middle and they are amazing! I think they sell them in Starbucks but I have never actually tried one before so if you haven't it is definitely a must.


Since the weather was so nice we though what better thing to do than a boat trip? So we went on an hour boat trip on all the canals and it was so nice to just have a general look around and get a feel for Amsterdam as a place.










The bridge in the picture above is called the Skinny Bridge but I'm not 100% sure why because in my opinion it's not that skinny!








The river houses were so beautiful and we decided the boat trip was a perfect start to our trip.


I hope you enjoyed this post and I can't wait to tell you all about tomorrow in my next post!


Love


Emma

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig