A Weekend in Amsterdam - Day 2

Hi everyone!

Day 2 was a super busy day so let's get started!


We got up quite early so that we could go to Anne Frank's house and not be queuing for hours but when we arrived (around half an hour before it opened) there was still an absolutely massive queue!




We hadn't eaten breakfast because we didn't want to waste time so we were so starving! So whilst we were waiting my sister and I thought we'd do a quick look book of our outfits. I am wearing Forever 21 patterned harem trousers and a plain Forever 21 black top with pocket detail. My bag is from Zara, my shoes are white Converse (or they used to be white :/) and my sunglasses are Tommy Hilfiger. 










Luckily there are always plenty of bikes in Amsterdam to create the perfect look book!










We did eventually get into Anne Frank's house and spent quite a while looking around the house/museum. I found it really interesting and quite moving. My favourite part had to be the bookcase door which concealed the secret annex where Anne and her family were living.








We ended up having breakfast at some ridiculously late time (like 1:00) but I have to say it was worth it because I've always wanted to go to Anne Frank's house.


We then headed off to rent bikes and cycle around with the locals.






We cycled towards a massive park which was huge and so so busy! But on the way we found a market where they were selling clogs! I desperately wanted to buy some but then I was reminded that we already had some. Obviously.




On our way back to the bike rental store we stopped in front of the Rijksmuseum to have a look at loads of rabbit statues which were randomly outside.






I'm still not sure whether I like the duck rabbit statue or whether I find it creepy but overall I loved all the other rabbit statues.




What's a trip to Amsterdam without going to the Fault in our Stars bench? I have no idea which is why we had to stop off and take a couple of pics! It was super cute because people had written or engraved quotes on the bench and some people have attached padlocks to it!


Finally we went to eat dinner and had a walk around the city at night which was so pretty!


I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be posting the third and final day of the Amsterdam weekend tomorrow!


Love


Emma

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig