How to make delicious scones!

Hi chums!

I wanted to share with you a scone recipe today. I love afternoon tea and scones and I love how they are always presented so professionally and cute! For Mother's Day my sister and I decided to bake some scones for my mum using the following recipe and they were YUMMY so I would thoroughly recommend - enjoy!



I also filmed this on my YouTube channel so here is the link to that if you would like to watch it.

Ingredients

250g Self Raising Flour
40g Margarine
125ml Milk
Pinch of Salt
25g Sugar (don't add if making savoury scones)

Optional 

75g Sultanas/Raisins/Currants (for sweet scones) or 75 g Grated Cheese (for savoury scones)

Method

1. Set the oven to gas 7 or 220C
2. Sieve the flour and salt into the large bowl
3. Rub in the margarine
4. Add the cheese/currants and sugar (optional stage)
5. Make a well and pour in the milk and mix to a fairly soft but not sticky dough
6. Knead lightly then press onto chopping board. The dough should be at least 1cm thick
7. Cut into rounds using a cutter/knife and place on the baking tray
8. Brush with a milk 
9. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown

Recommendation: Serve with jam and clotted cream when making sweet scones







I hope you liked this post! I really enjoy doing baking posts so you can expect lots more in the future!


Love


Emma

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig