8 Reasons to LOVE Autumn

Hi chums!

Like a lot of people (and bloggers!) out there I am a HUGE fan of Autumn/Fall. The autumnal colours of orange and burgundy just make me feel so happy and getting the chance to start whipping out those big cosy jumpers that haven't been worn since summer is so exciting!

I basically wanted to do an Autumn appreciation post (if that makes sense) about all the things which make Autumn the best few months before the big lead up to the best time ever.... Christmas!! (obvs!)


1. Trees changing and Autumn walks

I actually really enjoy going on walks. I just like an excuse to get outside because being inside all day in the winter can drive me insane! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a major nature gal, but there's something so autumny and cute about going on a walk and taking photos of the pretty leaves changing colour!


2. Dark Lipstick

Oh. My. Goodness. Dark lipstick everybody!! Isn't it the best thing ever! It just gives you that extra sass and you feel the tiniest bit like Kylie Jenner! I looove dark lipstick but it would be weird to whip it out in Spring so that means I need to make the most of Autumn (and Winter). I'm not going to lie, the upkeep is a commitment, but I'm ok with that because it's so worth it!



3. The best of TV

Let's take a moment to appreciate autumn TV. Bake Off (although it's just finished and I'm still heartbroken), the Apprentice, the Missing, Strictly, the X Factor and of course my all year faves of Holby City and Casualty (lo1!)



4. Cosy Clothes

I know I mentioned this further up but warm, fluffy, cosy jumped and trackies on lazy days - is there anything better?! Also fluffy socks and slippers are my jam. I'm the sort of person that hates to be cold so curling up of the sofa with a blanket in front of the fire is something that makes Autumn super special for me.


5. Fires

As soon as it gets a tiny bit cold I am all about the fireplace (even though it does tend to make me a bit sleepy!) It marks the start of the cold season for me and I love coming into the house after being absolutely freezing and sitting in front of the fire.



6. Halloween and Bonfire Night

I love any excuse to celebrate and Halloween and Bonfire Night are just that! This year I really enjoyed doing crazy Halloween make up, using the black eyeshadow colour in my palette that I never normally touch! For Bonfire Night I headed to Harrogate with my sister and friends and we really enjoyed watching the fireworks before heading to Carluccio's for dinner. These celebrations are such traditions and then afterwards you know it's almost Chriiiistmas!!


7. Hot Water Bottles

Having a super warm hot water bottle warming up your feet as you fall asleep is the best! 'nough said.

8. Autumn/Fall food - Shephard's Pie, Soup

Foodies will get me with this one. Shephard's Pie, Apple Crumble (or your crumble of choice), Roast dinners - need I go on...? And the best part is that you can cover up your post-dinner food baby with your massively oversized jumper (life hack right there).


These are just a few things I love about Autumn. I would love to know what you love about Autumn so please leave a comment down below.

Thanks for reading!

Love

Emma
xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig