Barcelona Day 1

Hi chums!

Barcelona is one of my favourite Spanish cities because there is just so much to do, so I was super grateful to get to spend a few days there with three of my best buds!


We all arrived on Saturday evening and had decided that we wanted to visit Park Güell the next morning. When we looked to book tickets there were only two times so we went with the earlier one (8:30am). At first we were like omg soooo early because Park Güell is a little out of the city, but it turns out it was a blessing, not a curse, because the park was a lot more quiet in the morning and we got some better pics!



Park Güell is so beautiful, with mosaics and cool architecture - I would seriously recommend that this place is at the top of your list if you go to Barcelona.





The park is a cool mix of colourful mosaics and sculptures out of natural materials - some of the columns are made out of rocks/earth.




One of my favourite things in the park is this stone lady below.




You have to pay to go in the park, but once you are finished I would recommend going up as high as you can - it's a little bit of a climb but worth it for the views!



Whenever you say you went to Barcelona, you normally get asked if you visited Sagrada Familia, so naturally you have to go! 

(Quick travellers tip: you have to have your shoulders covered to enter the cathedral, so unless you want to buy a scarf or something from nearby, make sure to bring something along)


Although I prefer some of the other sights in Barcelona, it's hard not to fall for the iconic Sagrada Familia - the detail on this building is absolutely insane.


We went up one of the tower (Passion tower) and saw some pretty fab views of the city!




Inside the cathedral feels very modern and there are some really clever effects with different coloured lights.



To top off our hectic sight-seeing day, we visited Casa Milà, another building designed by Gaudí. 

On my trip to Barcelona last year I visited Casa Batllò which is really close by. I personally preferred this Gaudí building so if you had to choose between them, then I would go for that one, but I am glad I have seen Casa Milà as well.



The best part of Casa Milà is the roof where there are sculptures and amazing views.


You can even see Sagrada Familia in the distance (well, to be honest it's hard to miss because it's massive!).



That was day one complete! This was our day to see the main sights of Barcelona and I think we did pretty well!

Blog posts on days 2, 3 and 4 will be up soon!

Love as always,

Emma
xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig